Signing up for a Google account is really very essential nowadays as it gives you access to a lot more series of applications and websites that are related to the Google brand and its services such as Gmail, YouTube, Google Maps, Google Drive, and more. Including being able to save searches and personalization made using Google as a search engine.
However, you will need to create a Google account in order to set up or enjoy any other google services and applications. Google account sign-up process can be very quick and easy. You just have to follow the step-by-step guide found below in this post.
Moreover, most people think that in order to set up a Google account, one requires to open a Google mail or popularly known as a Gmail account, whereas it is the other way round. However, you do not need to create a Gmail account in order to be able to set up a Google account. That is to say, creating a Google account does not require creating a Gmail account, it is possible to set it up separate from Gmail.
How to Create a Google Account Without Gmail Registration
Creating a Google account offers you access to many other Google products. With a Google Account, you can do things like:
- Send and receive email using Gmail
- Find your new favorite video on YouTube
- Download apps from Google Play
Follow the step-by-step guidelines to create or set up a Google account.
Firstly, you will need to choose the Google account type you want to open: Personal or business Google account. When you create a Google Account for your business, you can turn business personalization on. A business account also makes it easier to set up Google My Business, a Google product that helps improve your business visibility and manage your online information.
Furthermore, when creating or setting up a Google account, you will need to fill in or enter some of your personal information. By providing accurate info, you can help keep your account secure and make our services more useful. Moreover, you can also find some security tips for your Google account in a section of this article.
How to Sign up for a Google Account
Here's how to create a Google account without a Gmail account:
- Go to the Google account Sign In page.
- Click Create an account.
- Enter your first and last name.
- In the "Username" field, enter a username.
- Enter a secure password and then confirm your password.
- Click Next.
- Optional: Add and verify a phone number for your account.
- Click Next
Google account sign up using an existing email address
- Go to the Google Account Sign In page.
- Click Create an account.
- Enter your name.
- Click Use my current email address instead.
- Enter your current email address.
- Click Next.
- Verify your email address with the code sent to your existing email.
- Then click Verify.
After successfully creating your Google account ensure that you protect it with recovery info. This is in case you forget your password or someone is using your account without your permission. Adding or updating recovery information makes it much more probable you will get your account back. You can either add a recovery phone number or a recovery email address.
How to Secure Your Google Account
Your Google Account gives you access to the most essential Google products. Which includes email, drive documents, photos, YouTube videos, etc. Moreover, all these features mentioned will just be packed away with a single password along with all of the important information or contents. All these will be gone in a blink of an eye if it falls into the wrong hands.
Furthermore, Google's security is just as strict and serious as you take it. Providing you with several measures of security and account protection to keep people you don't give permission out. The following security tips will help you protect or keep your Google account secured.
Always sign in to your Google Account safely
Google account sign-in supports two-step verification just like any other online portal or service provider. So, you will need to provide some personal info such as an email address, a password, and a code generated by your mobile phone before you can log into your Google account on a new device.
You will need to visit the https://myaccount.google.com/ webpage in order to set up the two-step verification. Then, click on the security tab on the left-hand side of the page. Find and click on the signing into Google heading, you will be provided with options to set up the two-step verification and to change your password, that's if you need to.
Select devices which will have access to your Google Account
Moreover, you may probably access your Google account on several devices such as laptops, smartphones, tablets, etc. However, Google automatically notifies you by email when your account signs in on a new device and lets you check on the devices that are using your account.
However, the notification will specify the time and place (name of the device) of the login. Then you can head to the activity page and check the sign-in if it wasn't you or without your permission. Besides, you can also view the page from the security tab: your devices, then click on manage devices. Click on the vertical dots by the sides of the devices you do not recognize and you will be provided with options, then click sign out to remove them.
Furthermore, there are several other security measures you can use to protect your Google account. Just visit the security tab or visit https://support.google.com/accounts/ and request help on how to protect your account.
Google Account Features
This refers to after you must have created the Google account and needs to access it. Your Google Account lets you do more across Google services by giving your access to helpful resources such as:
- Autofill: Your Google Account helps you save time by automatically filling in passwords, addresses, and payment details using the information you’ve saved to your account.
- From resuming YouTube videos across devices to having your contacts, and favorite Play Store apps easily available, a single sign-in allows for a seamless experience across Google.
- Moreover, your Google Account also makes it easy for you to sign in to third-party apps safely and quickly so your preferences go with you even beyond Google.
- Instant access: Just tap your profile picture and follow the link to “Manage your Google Account”. From your profile picture, you can also easily sign in, sign out, or turn on Incognito mode.
- Privacy controls: Every Google Account comes with easy-to-use controls and tools like Privacy Checkup so you can choose the privacy settings that are right for you. You can also control what data is saved in your account with easy on/off controls and even delete your data by date, product, and topic.
- Furthermore, your Google account gives you a safe, central place to store your personal information — like credit cards, passwords, and contacts. This is to make it always available for you across the internet when you need it.
- Security checkup: A simple tool that gives you personalized recommendations to help you protect your account.
In conclusion, your Google account lets you get the most out of all the Google services you use. The account will help you do more personalization in your Google experience and offer easy access to your most essential information from anywhere. When you sign in, all of the Google services you use work together seamlessly to offer help with everyday tasks like syncing your Gmail with your Google Calendar and Google Maps to make sure you’re always on top of your schedule.
Also, no matter which device or Google service you’re using, your account gives you a consistent experience you can customize and manage at any time. Furthermore, your Google Account is protected by industry-leading security that automatically helps detect and block threats before they ever reach you.